Re: tlug: PalmPilot

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, John Little wrote:

>   Is anyone using the Pilot and successfully integrating it with
>   Linux?  I'd like to know if there's a Linux version of HotSync out
>   there.

My pilot got squashed in my briefcase and I never got around to
buying another one, so I didn't try out the Linux interface for
it.  You can download the binaries from a debian mirror
under the other_os directory.  Should also be available from
sunsite, possibly in source format.

 291160 Oct  9 17:53 pilot-link_0.8.7-1.deb

ftp> pwd
257 "/.m6/linux/debian/hamm/hamm/binary-i386/otherosfs" is current directory.
ftp>

on ftp.debian.or.jp:/pub/debian/hamm/hamm/binary-i386/otherosfs

The bo might be better.

There is also japanese input and display software available
on the net.

Say, how much do they cost now?  Maybe i'll order another one.
Where did you get it from?  I've heard that you can read mail
under pine using the terminal emulator.  Is this true?

Regards,
Craig

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: