tlug: filter for japanese email headers

    Francis> Does anyone have a filter that can decode header lines like this
    Francis> 	Subject: =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCSlYbKEo6IBskQkpWGyhKOiBQb3N0Y2FyZCAbKEo=?=

metamail does the job I think, but the default pops up a new terminal
window.  You'd have to figure out how to set the defaults to not do
this; it's not hard.

It turns out that it's actually rather mendoukusai to write such a
script because you have to handle both RFC-822 header line breaking
and MIME transport concatenation; I've done it as a quick hack, but in
Emacs-Lisp.  I don't know if that is still around because that was
before the Great Disk Crash of Sept 1997.  don't have time to scan
backups 'cause I'm off to Tokyo in about 10 minutes.

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: