Re: tlug: ADMIN

%
% Raffle
% ******
% I have received an inquiry about purchasing raffle tickets without
% attending the meeting.  I would like to get comments.  Also, should
% one person be allowed to purchase more than one ticket?
%

   The only issue I have with non-attendees buying ticket(s) is that
   of getting the "prizes" to them if they win. We would need the
   home address and phone numbers of all non-attending ticket
   purchasers, boxes and packing and volunteers to do the work of
   packing up and sending off prizes.

   I would say that multiple tickets are fine, but we need to decide
   in advance what, if any, rules should apply should someone win two
   or more of, for instance, the complete systems.

   BTW, I have a couple of extra items to go into the pot. In addition
   to the dot-matrix printer, I also have a printer buffer/converter
   which will do serial/parallel protocol conversion. I also have a
   couple of brand new EISA 3COM ethernet cards.

			-John-

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: