Re: tlug: Yutex

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Gaspar Sinai wrote:

> If there is a bug in myutex it definitelly will be fixed.

Gaspar,
hi this is not that big of a problem, but since you wrote yutex,
I figure you want to get feedback on it.

I compiled it from source with Motif 2.0 (Moo-Tiff)

cow:~$ gcc --version
2.7.2.3
cow:~$
ii  libg++272       2.7.2.8-0.1    The GNU C++ libraries (libc6 version).
ii  libg++272-dev   2.7.2.8-0.1    The GNU C++ libraries (libc6 version).
cow:~$

Everytime I try to save to a file, it core dumps.

cow:~$ gdb myutex core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i586-debian-linux), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
Core was generated by `myutex'.
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: I/O error

#0  0x0 in ?? ()
(gdb)

 -------------

I can input with kinput2.  I have to press the ESC key to start
the input.  In kterm, I can press space-shift.  Also, I'm getting
the kanji window on the bottom of the yutex screen, whereas in kterm
it is over the spot.

I'm mainly interested in the unicode capability of yutex.  Does it
have any keybindings?  For example, the emacs-like keybindings
in the standard motif text widget?  I can use the cursor keys, but
that is about it.

Regards,
Craig

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: