Re: tlug: -Dec 13th - Help Needed-

>    That being the case, can anyone recommend a cheap, clean hotel in
>    the centre of town? A friend tells me that he sometimes uses "love"
>    hotels when normal places are fully booked. Would anyone like to
>    comment on the wisdom of that advice?

Well, what do you consider "cheap" and which part of the center of town?
Everything from Tokyo Station to Shinjuku to Akihabara to Ikebukuro to
Shibuya is the center of town :-)  About love hotels, well, yeah, that's
workable.  I've never been to one alone, although I've heard some of them
don't want to rent a room to one person.  If it's one foreigner, that
probably doesn't help, either :-)  If I missed the last train home, I'd
rather stay in a love hotel than a regular one.  You'll get a bigger,
cheaper room, and probably a humongous bathtub in many cases.  There are
love hotel bathtubs so big you can stretch out full length and not touch
the end with your feet, all at a price much lower than a regular hotel.
There will be a surcharge if you stay all night as compared to the regular
rates, but it's still no worse than the price of a business hotel and maybe
better.

If you want a real adventure, you could try a capsule hotel :-)

Jonathan

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out