tlug: Canna and Pine3.96LJ

Hi,
the README.j for the Pine patch says that the patch supplies
$BAH$_9~$_$N(B Canna $B@)8f%k!<%A%s$K$h$kF|K\8lF~NO!#(B

I'm using Mule as my default implicit editor and haven't
tested this feature yet.  However, I was wondering
if this meant that Pine-J would only accept input with Canna
and kinput2.  If this is the case, I find it interesting that
the author chose Canna instead of Wnn.  Perhaps Canna is
becoming more popular?

In the same readme, the author has this:

3.  $BF|K\8l$NF~NO(B

     Pine/Pico  $B$GF|K\8l$rF~NO$9$kJ}K!$O!"$$$/$D$+$"$j$^$9!#(B
Pine/Pico $BK\BN$XAH$_9~$^$l$F$$$k$N$O:#$N$H$3$m(BCanna$B$@$1$G(B $B$9(B
$B$,!"$=$NB>$NF|K\8lF~NO%7%9%F%`$bMxMQ$G$-$^$9!#;HMQ$9$k%7%9%F(B
$B%`$K1~$8$F(B ~/.pinerc $B$N(B kanji-input-code $B$r@example.com$7$F$*;H$$(B $B$/(B
$B$@$5$$!#(B

So, does he mean that this compilation only supports Canna,
but you can support other input systems by merely changing
the ~/.pinerc???  I think I'm misunderstanding what he means
by  $B$=$NB>$NF|K\8lF~NO%7%9%F%`$bMxMQ$G$-$^$9!#(B  Also, the
kanji-input-code variable seems to refer to the encoding
method such as EUC, or ShiftJIS and I don't think there is
any connection to the input method.  ??

3.1.  $BAH$_9~$_$N(BCanna$B@)8f5!9=$r;HMQ$9$k(B

     Canna  $B$r(B $BD>(B $B@example.com(B $B@)(B $B8f(B $B$9(B $B$k$?$a$K$O!"(B-DCANNA $B$rDj5A$7$F(B
Pine/Pico $B$r%3%s%Q%$%k$9$kI,MW$,$"$j$^$9!#$+$s$JHG$G$O!"(B^@$B%-(B
$B!<$,$+$s$J$N(BON/OFF$B$K3d$jEv$F$i$l$F$$$^$9!#$^$?!"(BCanna $B$O(B EUC
$B%3!<%I$rJV$9$N$G!"(Bkanji-input-code $B$O(B EUC $B$K@example.com$7$F$/(B $B$@(B $B$5(B
$B$$!#(B

Or perhaps this means that if I was using Canna, the input
code would be EUC, whereas if I used Emacs as my default
editor, it would send JIS to Pine, so if I use Canna, I
need to specify my default kanji-input-code as EUC and if
I use another input method, I might have a different
kanji-input-code?

I should really just figure out how to compile it on
my home system and test this out.  The system I compiled
it on is behind a firewall and a little hard to get access
to.

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out