Re: tlug: gcc bug in SlackWare 3.3

> > Did people hear that the ANSI C++ committee has finally finalized the
> > technical parts of the standard?
>
> *blink* Really?  They kept STL, right?
>
> (quoting a coworker: "Well, that'll be the end of c++ then.")

:)  I don't think there were any technical changes that went in at the
last second.  The standard now moves on to the ISO committee for
approval before it's really honest-to-goodness set in stone.

I did something really stupid on our main Solaris workstation here in
Tokyo and trashed the OS, my incoming mail, and all my saved mail for
the last nine months (as well as my home directory), so I don't have
the details on-hand.  (for extra fun, the day after I did all of this,
we IP renumbered.)  And I'm going to the US on a business trip on
Monday. :)

I believe the announcement was forwarded to the EGCS list, the archives
are over at www.cgynus.com/ml/egcs/

Actually, I'm going to try to make it to the TLUG meeting this time.
I'm moving back to California in January and I'd feel pretty stupid if
I was on the tlug list for a year or two without ever making it to at
least _one_ of the get-togethers. :-)

(BTW you're probably already aware of this if you've been following
EGCS, but I believe the only really big feature in the ANSI C++
standard which isn't in EGCS is namespaces at this point.)

Jason
TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: