Re: tlug: gcc bug in SlackWare 3.3

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> This is probably true ... That's why I have 2.7.2.3.  Of course,
> there's no mention of exactly what was done in ChangeLog or NEWS :-(

Ah!  I lied.  Trampolines got sort of reworked after 2.7.2.1.  Everything
else was configure-level.  Still shouldn't affect the build, though.

> If you say so.  I just downloaded HJL's source to 5.4.38 and it seems
> to say it defaults to GNU malloc.  HJ is not the most accurate of
> documenters though.

Entirely possible.  I ditched libc-5 as soon as glibc-1.90 was available.
It really depends on how David's libc was built.

> I really don't think poor David is quite up to finding bugs in cc1
> ... we don't even have it localized to a file, let alone a function
> there.

I'll wager that the problem stems from a blown gcc.  I'd recommend a gcc
recompile.

( ... of course, I can't reproduce the problem here: glibc and
egcs-current ... )

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: