tlug: Linux-Nihongo Doc availability

I've rewritten my Linux-Nihongo page into LaTeX and have produced
both HTML and PDF (Portable Document Format) versions.  The
HTML version is available online at
http://www.twics.com/~craig/writings/linux-nihongo/
(this is not the URL of the old page).

The PDF version is available at
http://www.twics.com/~craig/writings/pdf/linux-nihongo.pdf.gz
 (2.1 megs)

The PDF version is good for printing out and finding out where
all those errors are, so you can send me corrections.

A lot of the information is out of date and I am trying to
update it with everyone's help.

LaTeX is easier to work with than straight HTML for me.  It has
more structural commands and better document processing IMO.
I intend to use the Linux-Nihongo page as a information-bin
that contains all types of information on the configuration
of programs for Japanese support under Linux.

It is going to be pretty weak in organization, fluency, and
explanation of multilingualization and internationalization
concepts.  These are going to be the strong points of the
book, which is a seperate project.  The web page can be
used as a resource for bug reports, fixes, and quick
spartan explanations.  The people that are writing the book,
or any other TLUGer, can then reference this material when
writing the actual book.

  ---

As far as the book goes, the primary authors are:

  Lead Author: Stephen Turnbull
  Author: Craig Oda
  Author: Rob Bickel
  Author and Translator: Hiroo Yamagata

We're still trying to get familar with the various programs.
Rob seems to be concentrating on Project Japanese Extensions
packages.  I'm going through the Debian-JP stuff and also
collecting information on configuration of programs in general.
Stephen is getting familar with compiling things from source
and will probably write a lot of the internationalization
and multilingualization stuff with Hiroo.

If you've had a frustrating experience with some programs
that just didn't work right and you managed to fix it,
send me the information.  If you're reading the web page
and feel that you want to expand on something, send it
to me.

If you're really genki, ask me to send you the LaTeX source
and you can add it in directly.  Or, print out the PDF version,
write comments directly on the paper and give me the comments
at the next TLUG Dec. 13th meeting.

Although any type of information is welcome, well thought out
structured sections with screen captures and references
to where to get the programs and fixes are the most
prized. :-)

Remember that the web page is seperate from the book.  However,
the authors of the book are welcome to use all of the material
from the web page if they want to.  The web page is supposed
to be an info-bin.

Regards,
Craig

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: