Re: tlug: Linux for SPARC cutting edge kernels

On Thu, Nov 13, 1997 at 06:07:32PM +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> >     Jim> Are you trying the DaveM kernel snapshots?
> >     Jim> ftp.kernel.org:/pub/linux/kernel/people/davem/
> >
> > Not yet.  Thanks for the tip.  Are you in the upper '50s or early '60s
> > already, or are you just guessing?
>
> I just compiled Dave's 2.1.61 last night.  (Murphy would suggest that is
> what caused him to put up the .63 snapshot today. :-)
>
> The kernel I am using is 2.0.30.

I am now using linux-2.1.63-VGER-CVS971112.tar.gz on my ELC.  It seems
to offer about the same performance (judging from the time to compile
Exim).  I've yet to try the serial port performance or any of the new
features.

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: