tlug: Re: Looking for....

%
% Does somebody have a video cable for a sun monitor ,,,..??
% I have an old sparc2 with a monitor but need  the video cable...
%

   What sort of video card and monitor do you have? If you need a
   cable with 13W3 connectors at each end (looks like a DB25 shell
   with three, extra video connectors incorporated) I can probably
   find one for you.

%
% I  got a scsi hard disk external  but also there is no  scsi cable..
%

   I have a special offer on SCSI cables. 50-pin submin to 50-pin submin
   with metal plugs. Cables in that monotone, not-so-cool black, hence
   going for the incredible price of 0-yen (sorry, foreign currency and
   credit-card payment not available at this time). These cables are
   guaranteed to make your SCSI peripherals run 100% faster than no cable
   at all! Limited quantities of these amazing devices will be made
   available to TLUG members at the next meeting. Reserve yours now!
   (What makes you think I've been getting too much SPAM recently?)

%
% Also is posible to install linux in external hard scsi disk without
% affecting the  Sun OS in the internal hard disk,\???I think there is the
% option in the sun solaris sparc 2 to say   boot  sd2 ..\??? sorry for
% being inaccurate.......???well thanks....
%

   Your internal is probably at target 3. Configure your external as
   target 0 and use "boot disk3" from the "ok" prompt to boot from it.

				-John-

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: