Re: tlug: Printing problems again (actually, still!)

Matt wrote

> So I examined the various postscript files, and I noticed that the ones
> produced by psconv specify kanji fonts like this:
>
>     /min { /Ryumin-Light-EUC-H findfont } def
>
> whereas the ones that printed out okay have this:
>
>     /of { /Ryumin-Light-RKSJ-H findfont exch scalefont setfont } bind def
>
> --seems like it might have something to do with my troubles. Any ideas about
> this?

There are 3 codes for Japanese Language. They are EUC (popular for Unix
users), Shift-JIS (popular for Windows and Mac) and JIS (used for Internet
communication).
 It seems to me that your printer accepts Shift-JIS. So use 'use nkf -s'.
Printing command is 'nkf -e file | lpr'.

Good Luck.

Masa
Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)