No Subject

Hi,

Recently I started using afterstep for my window manager and like it a lot,
except, it seems to take all my colors.  I am using a Depth of 8 8bpp and
don't seem to have this problem with fvwm or fvwm2.  But in afterstep,
I can not use any color but black and white after it is started.  For example,
I have a background color in mule.  If I start it before afterstep starts,
it starts okay.  If I start it after afterstep is running, it will not run
because it cannot allocate the color for the background.  Anytime I run any
program, I get the following type of error:

Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "green3"
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "yellow3"
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "blue3"
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "magenta3"

etc, etc....

Does afterstep really take so many colors by itself?  Is there a way
I can limit how many it takes?

Thanks,

Rob

P.S.  I think I can provide a place to put a server for TLUG if people
want.  It will require me to get another IP address, which I think only
costs me $30 for my research funds, and I don't think I'll miss that.
Also, I'll have to make sure it is not a big problem to run a private
server, on the schools network.  I think if I just ask a few key people
it will be okay as long as I don't broadcast this information to a more
general audience.  Finally, I can do maintenance work, but someone else
will have to set it up.  Recently, I just don't have the time to do that
myself.  If you do decide to set it up here, it will be in Higashi-Koganei
about a 35-40 minute train ride and walk from Shinjuku.  Not too bad I
think.  Let me know what you think.  We can discuss it at the next
dinner meeting.

Robert Bickel, Lecturer
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
2-24-16 Nakacho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo 184
Phone:     +81-423-88-7103
FAX:       +81-423-85-7204
Home:      +81-422-42-5615
Cellular:  +81-30-691-7580
e-mail: bickel@example.com
http://www.tuat.ac.jp/~bickel/rob/robw.html

In Japanese
東京農纔瘢韭絎竢踪大学、講師
〒184東京都小金井市中町2ー14ー16
電話:        0423-88-7103
ファックス:  0423-85-7204
自宅電話:    0422-42-5615
携帯電話 :    030-691-7580
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)