Re: tlug: CD Roasting with xcdroast 0.96c

On Tue, Oct 28, 1997 at 06:49:44PM +0900, Dennis McMurchy wrote:
>   Gosh, Jim, this just doesn't make sense of what I see on my system.  I
> used 'cdrecord' to make what I think is a 'multisession' disk, with two
> separate 'writes' on it.  'xcdroast', which doesn't support multisession
> yet, sees the second track, but labels it as 'CD-Extra - not readable',
> and when I just 'mount -t iso9660' the CD, I get only the first track.
> How do you create the multisession disks that you are talking about -
> it seems we must be talking about different formats.

As I mentioned, I've not tried cdrecord (I downloaded xcdroast a long while
ago, got frustrated with it, and never really used it).  I am still using a
version of cdwrite I hacked up for one of the Creative (Ricoh) recorders. I
guess I should investigate cdrecord and revisit xcdroast.

You don't really want the writes to be 'separate', since you want one
ISO9660 file system that contains the contents for the entire disc.
When writing the next session, you need to get mkisofs to merge what
was already in the other sessions (-M).

If the disc appears to be CD-Extra, it suggests that the track numbering
is wrong (or the latest PVD is wrong), and it is thinking that there is
data before the start of track 1.

(When in the Microsoft empire, I've used Adaptec's DirectCD, B's Recorder,
and Creative's CD-RAssist... for making multisession discs.)

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: