tlug: RE: Email (and exmh vs. procmail)

On 28-Oct-97 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>xmh:  X interface to MH.  Good at what it does, doesn't do anything
>    but provide a front end to MH.

I've been tinkering around with exmh lately. Anyone know how to get
it to read procmail messages? After reading through tons of old list
mail (via http) and all the man pages many times, I still can't get
exmh to show the actual text, though it can show how many messages
are in the folder. FWIW, I think exmh does quite well with MIME, and
it's supposed to work in Japanese, if you install the tk-jp packages.
I have an rpm of exmh-2.0gamma. Perhaps I'll just compile a newer
version and see if it responds better. Considering the luck I've had
with some rpms, that could be the problem itself...

Here is some of my .procmailrc, in case someone notices something:

:0 :linux.lock
* ^TO.*<tlug@example.com>
| /usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +linux

>XFmail:  Jim Schweizer likes it :-)  I've never tried it.

It has its ups and downs, IMO.

David

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: