Re: tlug: pppd and ioctl

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Jim Schweizer wrote:

schweiz>Hi all,
schweiz>
schweiz>I hadn't taken a look at /var/logs/syslog in a while and when I did this
schweiz>evening I found this:
schweiz>
schweiz>schweiz:/var/log$ tail syslog
schweiz>Oct 22 21:43:50 wormhole pppd[215]: input: Unknown protocol (80fd) received!

This is the code for CCP "compression code protocol" and means that both
ends of the ppp session could not agree on a compression method.

	http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/ldp/FAQ/PPP-FAQ-13.html

schweiz>Oct 22 21:53:09 wormhole pppd[215]: default route
schweiz>ioctl(SIOCDELRT): Bad address

This is a call to remove the route to the remote end, at the end of a PPP
session, and apparently is typical for linux PPP:

	http://www.infodrom.north.de/Linux/PPP-HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO-17.html

Cheers,
Paul.
mailto:paulg@example.com     phoneto:81-3-3351-5977     faxto:81-3-3353-6096
The students learn that effective action arises out of silence and a clear
sense of being.  In this they find a source of peace.  They  discover that
the person who is down-to-earth can do what needs doing  more  effectively
than the person who is merely busy.  - Lao Tzu's    "Tao Te Ching"   500BC

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: