Re: tlug: RH4.2 "Errata" RPMs

At 08:39 PM 10/13/97 +0900, you wrote:

>When you do get your Linux box talking to the net, you can get RPM to
>download and install in one swell foop if you do something like
>rpm -Uvh ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/current/updates/i386/goop.i386.rpm
>which can be handy if you happen to know a particular RPM you need to
>update and you can just cut and paste the name into the right place.

Thanks for the tip. This also answers one of my questions -- one can simply
add the path to where the rpm file resides. I suppose this should be
obvious :-)

I should have read the man page more carefully -- I skimmed it, but I
usually find man pages rather obtuse and not at all friendly <G>. Sometimes
I wish man pages and help files would provide simple, clear directions like
"Run rpm as root in the directory where you placed the rpm file(s)..." or
whatever.

Now that I read the rpm man page (slowly :-) again, I see I could probably
have figured the command line out....

Paul
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)