Re: AW: tlug: Meeting on Saturday

tlug note from "Marc E. Christensen" <marc@example.com>
On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, [iso-8859-1] Thomas Bätzler wrote:

> tlug note from =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thomas_B=E4tzler?= <tbaetzle@example.com>
> >rob@example.com wrote:
> >Unfortunately, I need to use a software package called Matlab which
> >I have for windows, but not unix.  I looked into purchasing a license,
> >for unix, but it was about 160 man for the first year alone.  A little
> >steep for my research budget.  If not for matlab, we would go to
> >linux full time.

Matlab is avaliable for Linux and the educational procint is uite
resonable.  I bleive it is around $150.00(US) per licence.  I recently saw
a friend's CD which had the Linux version on it.

Marc Christensen	       |  Check out the linux-access pages.
SysOp CDSS University of Utah  |  linux-access - Making a difference!
http://ssv1.union.utah.edu     |  http://ssv1.union.utah.edu/linux-access/

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997