AW: tlug: Meeting on Saturday

tlug note from =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thomas_B=E4tzler?= <tbaetzle@example.com>
>rob@example.com wrote:
>Unfortunately, I need to use a software package called Matlab which
>I have for windows, but not unix.  I looked into purchasing a license,
>for unix, but it was about 160 man for the first year alone.  A little
>steep for my research budget.  If not for matlab, we would go to
>linux full time.

Hello Rob,

does it have to be Matlab? According to the Numerical Analysis and
Associated Fields Resource Guide there are several clones out
there in the free software pool. Good ones apparently include:

Octave - http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/
Scilab - http://www-rocq.inria.fr/scilab/

You can find the Guide at
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/num-analysis/faq/part
1/faq.html

HTH,
Thomas

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997