Re: tlug: Sparc Watchdog event

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
>>>>> "Jim" == Jim Tittsler <jwt@example.com> writes:

On Thu, Oct 09, 1997 at 08:42:51AM +0900, Yuri Anissimov wrote:

> I remember there were some threads about the watchdog reset problem during
> the installation of RedHat on Sparc ELC.

    Jim> I had a problem with my ELC getting watchdog resets while
    Jim> browsing the net using Grail with graphics enabled.  Updating
    Jim> to the X window stuff in RedHat 4.2 made the problem go
    Jim> away... whether by actually solving the problem or just
    Jim> moving stuff around in memory is open to debate I suppose.

SparcLinux X11R6.1 is Evil.  BadBadBad malloc problems.

XIM does not work at all period end of opera.  Recent betas of XEmacs
blow chunks all over process memory, leaving nary a stack backtrace.
this is at the temacs stage....

I'm about to try the upgrade but ... just in case, I downloaded
X11R6.3 source.
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997