Re: tlug: Redistribute Meeting Announcement

tlug note from Jim Tittsler <jwt@example.com>
On Fri, Oct 03, 1997 at 12:49:38PM +0900, Craig Oda wrote:
> I've posted this to fj.os.linux a few days ago and sent a copy

You ought to send it to c.o.l.a. as well.  I wouldn't have been able
to attend the Silicon Valley Installfest if I hadn't happened to catch
their announcement just before I flew in last time.

> to a contact at Computing Japan.  Any chance of getting distribution
> to the Tokyo PC users group or anywhere else?  If you distribute the

Done.  See news://news.tpc.ml.org/tpc.unix
and/or     news://news.tpc.ml.org/tpc.tokyo-info
and/or     http://www.tpc.ml.org/tpc/newsgroups.html (which fronts for a pair
           of my Python programs that access the news server and produce HTML
           output)  Linux of course.

> We have the following prizes that will be given out:
>
> 	at least one Caldera Open Linux T-shirt
> 	at least six Open DOS CDs
> 	about twelve Open Linux Lite Caldera CDs

I handed out 15 of the Open Linux Lite CDs at last night's Tokyo PC
Users Group meeting and gave away a pair of T-shirts to people that
picked up "lucky" CDs.  I was pleasantly surprised by the level of
Linux awareness in the group.  Perhaps the most amusing story was
from the guy that installed Linux and uses 'dd' to make images of
his clean Win95 installations so that he can quickly restore it
after it rots with use.

Jim
--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo  jim.tittsler@example.com
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997