Re: tlug: Gnus and Japanese

tlug note from Totoro <riley@example.com>

On 30-Sep-97 Craig Oda wrote:
>tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
>About the gnus mail though, doesn't it work out-of-the box?  What problem
>are you having?  Is it Japanese specific, or is it more of a
>general gnus mail problem?  I've been using mew.

I have tried all I can find out, but can't get gnus to do Japanese.
Xemacs 20.2 does it fine; I've tried it out with canna and now with
wnn. It's set up with a Japanese font and all, but gnus just keeps
on showing mojibake. I'm sure it's some simple thing that I've not
configured yet, but don't know what else to look in. BTW, the prior
list messages were quite good reference. Setting locale to japanese
did nothing for me on this. Any thoughts?

David

Hachinohe Institute of Technology

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997