RE: tlug: Problems with CDROM detection in Caldera Lignux

tlug note from Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
Hi all,

On 02-Oct-97 Dennis McMurchy wrote:
>  It seems that the install disk detects the CD drive fine, but
>  no way can he get the installed version to recognize it.

Hmm, I've had the same problem with Slackware and a funky hard
drive hanging off the sound card.

> Or can I force Linux to accept different
> parameters?

It seems to me Jim T. offered some suggestions on how to get
lilo to force the kernel to recognize undetected scsi hardware.
Maybe if he could refresh our collective memory it would help.

>  I'm starting to feel the effort/result ratio with Linux is
> approaching <snip>

maybe 'satori' ... the way there is not to be described; it must
be traveled, experienced.

Regards,

Jim S.

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997