Re: tlug: software RAID1 on Linux

tlug note from gaijin@example.com (John Little)
% maling list. I searched so hard for the past months.
%

   Welcome! I'm sorry you had a tough time finding the list. Where
   should we be advertising?

%
% Has anyone tried software raid 1 on linux?
%
% I have RedHat 4.2 (kernel 2.030) with Raid 1 patched and recompiled. Now
% I've been tring to setup up HD mirroring of 2 U-SCSI drives.
%
% If you have any experence with this, please send any commnets. Thanks.
%

   I've tried *some* simple RAID configurations with Linux.  I only
   tried striping and concatenation though, as the documentation
   indicates that there are major problems ("pathological unstability")
   with mirroring. What are the problems you're having?

			-John-

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997