Re: tlug: kaffe 0.9.1

tlug note from Christopher Wiles <wileyc@example.com>
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Jason Molenda wrote:

> IMHO the most important difference is that Ulrich Drepper is
> responsible for it.

... and better threading, and symbol versioning, and a real locale() call ...

> libc6 is where Ulrich pulled it back together into the single glibc if I
> understand correctly.

Mostly.  Roland started the reintegration, I think, but he became sort of
overextended.

> Strangely enough, many of the packages that HJ Lu maintains seem to end
> up branching off like this. :-/

Primarily because many of the patches that he submits to package core
maintainers are rejected on grounds of aesthetics or functionality.

Anyone know what the deal is with gcc-2.7.2.3, by the way?

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997