Re: tlug: Silicon Valley Linux Installfest

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Jim Tittsler wrote:

jwt>Linux user group's installfest.  Rather than go to sleep, I wandered over to
jwt>the site listed in their comp.os.linux.announce announcement.  There I found

Cool.  Say, do have additional contact information for the San Hose
group?  Nori Nishigaya and James Ellison, two of the original
TLUGers, are near the valley and were looking for someplace to
geek-out at.

jwt>It was reassuring to note that they didn't seem too much better organized
jwt>than our SPARCfest had been.  :-)

That's reassuring. I did a post to debian-jp and to fj.os.linux
today for the Oct. 11 meeting.  Since there were no major
changes to the announcement on this list, feel free to
distribute it anywhere appropriate.

on another note, I've recently found that I've been getting
an amazing amount of junk mail recently.  I think they
get my e-mail from news.  I read on the comp.os.linux.announce
list about despam.  I'm giving it a try.  I've been using
procmail, but it is getting really long.  Before despam,
I kept two windows open when I read mail several times
a day, one was for reading, the other was open to vi on
the .procmailrc.  Is there a preferred techical shield of
choice?

Regards,
Craig

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096