Re: tlug: How to make network!

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Rafael Coninck Teigao wrote:

crusher>--------------------------------------------------------
crusher>tlug note from Rafael Coninck Teigao <crusher@example.com>
crusher>--------------------------------------------------------
crusher>Hi, I'm using Linux Red Hat and I'd like to know how to make network
crusher>with my notebook (by E-LAN 2000 alike card) using the Linux (of course)
crusher>and WIN For WorkGroups....Can I do that?

Software Interface
-------------------
The first method is to use TCP/IP.  You can exchange files with
FTP.

The second method is to use SAMBA.  With this you can use the
Windows networking.

Physical Interface
------------------
If it is just a two node network, you can either connect it with
10-Base-T or 10-Base-2 ethernet.  If you use 10-Base-T you either
need a hub or you need a special null cable with crossed wiring.
If you use 10-Base-2 you need the special T pieces on both
sides.  You cannot just connect the 10-Base2 cable without
the T pieces.  It will physically fit, but it will not send data.

Regards,
Craig

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096