tlug: Memory use

tlug note from Totoro <riley@example.com>
I'm wondering what is the best way to get Linux to make use
of the physical RAM on this Gateway. The BIOS has no trouble
seeing 32M, but Linux only sees 13M. This slows things up,
as you may have guessed. Well, in trying to force it through
in the /etc/lilo.conf file (append = "mem=32M"), I've gone
and succeeded in locking up the whole hard disk. Seg faults
and general protection faults and all.  :-(

Good old fsck tries to fix it, but oh, there goes the lousy
disk faults again. Sigh.... Wish I could stay here and work
on this, but gotta get out til tomorrow. If anyone has some
enlightening ideas I'd be more than happy to entertain them!

Cheers!

David Riley
Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki  Hachinohe-shi  Aomori-ken