Re: tlug: Meeting Saturday August 2

tlug note from "Andrew S. Howell" <andy@example.com>

    Craig> --------------------------------------------------------
    Craig> tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
    Craig> -------------------------------------------------------- On
    Craig> Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

    andy> Otemachi. As for themes. CDE sounds interesting. I use it
    andy> under Solaris 2.5.1 and HP-UX, but don't know too much about
    andy> it to be honest...

    Craig> Interesting.  I'm using Solaris and HP-UX as well.  I use
    Craig> CDE on both of them.  I know almost nothing about CDE
    Craig> though.  There is a usenet group, comp.unix.cde (I think).
    Craig> I posted once when I tried to get dtterm on Solaris to
    Craig> display kanji.  I don't have the Japanese version of
    Craig> Solaris.  I eventually gave up and installed kterm from
    Craig> source.

To get CDE to display japanese, I just set LANG=ja (?) in a normal
dtterm and then start a new one. I have Japanese solaris installed,
but I always start in English, because netscape gets very confused
about imput methods or some such thing if I have my session in
Japanese. I have not tried it in a long time, so I don't remember the
details...

Andy