New version of html2ps available

Hello Craig!

I enclose an announcement I sent to the html2ps mailing list
earlier today. You will probably be most interested in the
"Document encodings" section in the included HTML document.

/Jan

Hi all!

It has been quite awhile now since you heard any news from me about
html2ps. Finally, over a year later than I originally had planned, a
new version is (more or less) ready. I have discontinued the work on
the 0.2 version, and release yet another beta: 1.0. You can download
it from:

  http://www.tdb.uu.se/~jan/x.tar.gz

You must have Perl5 (the command 'perl -version' shows this) installed
to be able to use this version.

This version is only announced to the mailing list. But if no major
problems arise, I will very soon announce it more publicly. The
documentation is not yet finished, but hopefully it should be
enough for you to get started.

There are several new features, see the enclosed documentation. The
most important change is the use of configuration files for layout
control, resource information, etc (it was simply not possible to
control everything with command line options only).

Execute the installation script 'install' (for Unix only) to generate
a global configuration file and install the files.

Enclosed is also a sample configuration file 'sample', that is used
by the installation script to convert the HTML document html2ps.html.
>From this config file, and the not yet complete documentation, you
may get an idea of how the config files are used.

If you manage to get the script running, but encounter some other
problem: use the option -d, this creates debugging output to a file
html2ps.dbg. Send the content of this file to me.

Please let me know about your experiences, good as well as bad.
Especially, if you try to install it on some non-Unix platform.

/Jan

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452