Re: tlug: Digital Nursery

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>

    Jim> Wed, Jun 25, 1997 at 03:01:12PM +0900, Andrew S. Howell
    Jim> wrote:
    >>> I missed the last TLUG meeting, but I had a good reason. My
    >>> wife had a 3238g boy on the 6th. Now that we are all back
    >>> home, I got to thinking

    Jim> Congratulations!  An impressive excuse.

    Andrew> Thanks.

I wish my excuse was that good!  I get my chance in October.

    >>> for quite some time yet :) I was wondering about those digital
    >>> cameras, of the CuCme variety. Are there drivers Linux? It
    >>> would be
    Jim> Yes, check out Russell Nelson's page at:
    Jim> http://www.crynwr.com/qcpc/

    Andrew> of thing from scatch. A small motherboard with builtin
    Andrew> ethernet, boot it off the linux box. Hmmmm. :)

Um, why dontcha talk to John Little?  Sounds like a perfect
application for an excess Sparc muthaboad.  I might be willing to give
mine up....  But then I will need it in October.  (^^;

The other idea, and much better IMHO, is to get the kid started off
right.  Put him *next to* the Linux box, then you can use that
parallel port *and* start training a sysop almost literally from day
1.

(@@)

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi