Re: tlug: Digital Nursery

tlug note from Totoro <riley@example.com>
>tlug note from "Andrew S. Howell" <andy@example.com>
>
>I missed the last TLUG meeting, but I had a good reason. My wife had a
>3238g boy on the 6th. Now that we are all back home, I got to thinking
>that it would be nice to be able to keep an eye on him. We have a
>little Fisher Price intercom, so we can listen in.

Congrats on the new family addition!

>So what does this have to do with Linux. No, he won't be a new member
>for quite some time yet :) I was wondering about those digital
>cameras, of the CuCme variety. Are there drivers Linux? It would be
>great if I would check up on him from the Linux box upstairs or the PC
>downstairs. Or for that matter, from work!
>
>Any ideas?

There is one for the Connectix Quick-Cam, either color or mono
versions. Redhat has an rpm for it on the sunsite archive:

http://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/archives/linux/distributions/redhat/contrib/i386/qc
am-0.7c_4-1.i386.rpm

I haven't used this, so can't vouch for anything, but there it is...

Have fun sleeping at night! NOT!!

David Riley
Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki  Hachinohe-shi  Aomori-ken  031