tlug: Re: Electronic Book Readers for Lignux

tlug note from Dennis McMurchy <denismcm@example.com>
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Jim Breen wrote:

> Yes, it all got a bit heavy. Since the few EBs I have are already
> converted to EDICT format, and are firing away as alternative dictionary
> files under xjdic, I didn't have the energy to wade in too far.
> (BTW, those EDICT-format files are strictly personal-use-only. I'd be
> crucified if I let them out.)

  Yes, there are presumably copyright considerations to observe concerning
the files themselves.  But there would be no such restrictions on
sharing your conversion algorithms with people on the list, would there?

  I for one would be quite interested in seeing what approach you took
(however ad hoc it may be), since this would offer a technique for
making all sorts of things  available through the xjdic interface.

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka