tlug: TLUG poster

tlug note from "A.Tomita,Jr." <Alberto@example.com>
In message <m0weG9T-000Hf7C@example.com> you wrote:
> This should be sufficient.  You might want to put the TLUG logo
> on it so that it catches peoples attention.  Also, my feeling is
> that it is good to get more Japanese people involved, but that
> it is better to keep the meeting language as English.  My feeling
> on this was that English is the international language of Linux.

Although net-searches on Linux-related subjects often returns links
to pages written in German :)

> I'm pretty glad about this since I've heard that Finnish is a really
> difficult language.  Unfortunately, I think many Japanese Linux
> users might be intimidated of TLUG due to the language.  Perhaps
> we can have contact information in English and Japanese so that
> a newbie Japanese person could ask a question in Japanese without
> having to send English e-mail to a stranger.  I imagine that after
> a few contacts or a physical meeting, people will feel comfortable
> enough to write in English.
>
> So, I think that the poster should clearly indicate that the meeting
> is in English, but that Japanese speaking people are certainly welcome.

As you said, Japanese users might be intimidated of TLUG due to the
language. I'd suggest to write in the poster that the meetings are
conducted in both English and Japanese.

Ikko (Okamoto-san), are you still on this list? What do you think?

---
Alberto Tomita, Jr.            http://www.ishiilab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/~Alberto
Yokohama National University       e-mail: alberto@example.com