Re: tlug: Meeting Schedule++

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>

    Joe> Also, I talked with the guys at Laser-5 today, and they said
    Joe> we could put up a poster at their shop for TLUG.  They seemed

This is a great idea.

    Joe> really happy to do this for us.  Now to make up a poster (any

Yeah, I think that there are a lot of Linux and general computer
fanatics in Japan who really envy the robust culture in the US.  So
they're happy to do anything to promote any computer.  Despite what I
heard before coming to Japan (that there is a majority of people who
buy _only_ Sony, or _only_ Toshiba, or whatever), there seems to be
less in the way of brand wars here, at least for operating systems.
Most people seem to think whatever works is fine.

    Joe> ideas?).  I was hoping to add:

    Joe>      1)  TLUG mailing list address

Subscription address and how to subscribe and get info, not the list
itself.

    Joe>      2)  Homepage URL
    Joe>      3)  Auto-mailback e-mail address which will send a
    Joe>             summary of the club
    Joe>      4)  Other items?

Monthly meetings, various archives of Japan-related Linux stuff,
currently mostly gaijin but happy to struggle with Nihongo (speaking
for myself), description of SparcFest or CalderaColloqium + pix?

    Joe> The auto-mailback is something I can do from here (HSBC)
    Joe> easily using the "vacation" program ... but maybe there's a

The address should be @example.com, like Majordomo.  In fact, since
Majordomo already handles a list index and a list description
function, why not review the Majordomo tlug description and put
anything relevant in there?

    Joe> better way - suggestions anyone?  Hopefully I can get a
    Joe> couple of other places in Akihabara to put up posters too.

I bet you can! as I wrote above.  Great idea!  I'll look into
advertising here in Tsukuba.  Won't get a lot of attendance at Tokyo
meetings, I bet, but we can try.

Steve

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi