Re: tlug: XEmacs and Kanji detection

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
Subject: Re: tlug: XEmacs and Kanji detection
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 20:00:03 +0900

Stephen    >> http://www.etl.go.jp/Research/mulepage/MuleJapanese.html
Stephen    >> bombs).  I

>    Jason> It doesn't bomb for me, but I only get mojibake.

Stephen>Sorry, that's what I meant.

Interesting, I just brought up *mule* in a kterm and I can't get the mule page
even with mule.  I brought up the same page in Netscape with encoding set
to EUC and can read it now.

Pressing i in XEmacs gives a nice info summary of the document.  I show:

So, I wonder why the page can be viewed only under Netscape?  I've used
XEmacs on quite a few other Japanese pages and most look okay.