Re: tlug: Launching programs from fvwm menus

tlug note from ABE Shige <sabe@example.com>
> Dennis,
> I've recently started using it and have found that it does have
> some advantages: window shade on all windows, popout horizontal wharf,
> retractable vertical wharf, good icon set, nice clock, wharf can
> swallow pager, nice background images, good selection on mouse
> buttons (same as fvwm), enlarge covers entire screen - but leaves
> wharf visible.

Hello.  There is another window maker that people may want to try.
>From the README:

-----

WindowMaker is a window manager designed to emulate the look
and feel of part of the NEXTSTEP(tm) GUI. It's supposed to be fast,
relatively small, feature rich and easy to configure, with
a simple and elegant appearance borrowed from NEXTSTEP(tm).

Memory usage is apparently smaller than fvwm+equivalent
modules (FvwmButtons, FvwmWinList etc.).

-----

Its still in development, but its very stable.

Its packed with features, unfortunately, many aren't well documented
yet.
It has full I18N support built-in.  Coming soon in a few weeks,
multilingual warning messages and dialog boxes. (Initially Japanese,
Portuguese, and English)

Some nice features:
-------------------

- On-the-fly, menu setup.
- Pinnable menus with tearable sub-menus.
- A real NeXT-style dock, that is fully drag and drop
  configurable.
- Shade (less buggy than AfterStep)

Its still missing some features.  Its not fvwm-derived so everything
must be written from scratch.

Web pages:

Information about how to join in one of the above web pages.

Shige Abe