Re: tlug: US Robotics Courier I

tlug note from "Yuri Anissimov" <youri@example.com>
> My guess would be no. It seems that though ISDN is a "standard", it it
> open to interpretation. In particular, it depends on who makes the
> switching equipment at the telephone company. A ISDN TA has to have
> software to deal with all the various "Switches" that it can connect
> to. In Japan, the TA needs to be able to connect to INS, I
> think. Check with USR and see if they specifically support
> INS-64. From what I've seen so far, most vendors make special versions
> for Japan. This is rather frustrating, because they tend to leave to
> pricing to the local distributors, thus raping the consumer for more
> than twice the US price.  :( Japanese ISDN products seem to be priced
> much more in line with US prices, well, maybe at 25% premium.
>
> Arrrrgggg,
>
> 	Andy
Well. I called USR K.K. and asked them, (03) 5402-6200.
I was told (in good english) that USR is not going to sell Courier I modems
in Japan neither it is selling Courier V (??????). Next 10 minutes I spend
trying to explain what it TA to a sales guy (probably not a japanese), and
I was left with the impression that the word ISDN was also new to him..
After I mentioned INS-64 he obviously blacked out.
Arrrrrrgggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yuri