Re: tlug: DeskJet 560J + ps

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Jim Schweizer wrote:

> /usr/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=deskjet -sOutputFile=-
> -                                         ^^^^^^^
> and I'm not sure what goes there. From Ghostview selecting psjet
> as the printer results in total spewage.
>
> Any help/pointers will be appeciated.

Jim,
I'm not sure what version of gs you are using.  Do a

 $  gs -h

to get a listing of the version and available drivers.  On my
gs 4.0.3 there are more drivers than the gs 2.6.2 that comes
with the JE distribution.

Here is a listing of possibly relevant devices:

Aladdin Ghostscript 4.03 (1996-9-23)
Copyright (C) 1996 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.  All rights reserved.

Input formats: PostScript PostScriptLevel1 PostScriptLevel2 PDF
Available devices:
   djc800 cdeskjet cdjcolor cdjmono cdj500 cdj550 cp50 declj250
   deskjet djet500 djet500c dnj650c

   . : /usr/lib/ghostscript/4.03vflib :
   /usr/lib/ghostscript/4.03vflib/kanji : /usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts
For more information, see /usr/doc/gs/use.txt.

That djet500 might be closer than the deskjet device.
Is it a color printer?

-- Craig