tlug: Re: Symbol Input in Mule+Wnn+Egg

tlug note from Dennis McMurchy <denismcm@example.com>
On 26 May 1997, Steve Dunham wrote:

> > reference [UNIX 日本語環境 ] tells me it should.  C-^ is supposed
> > to bring up a dialogue in the minibuffer that gives you a variety of
> > choices of input.  But it doesn't seem to.  Nothing else I've tried
> > works.
>
> Hmm, works for me: ◯♭  Does the normal Egg stuff work? (C-\)
> Thanks for the tip, BTW, I was wondering how to enter: ・

  That's exactly what I was trying to do, too.  I played around with this
some more.  And guess what?  It works, but not quite the way it is supposed
to:  what finally worked was C(trl)+Shift+^ .  This will work from plain
                                   ^^^^^^
Roman letter entry mode or Hiragana input mode (as the book says it should).
I find it necessary to repeat that key combination twice to get it to come
up the first time.  After that once is enough.  Subsequent switching to
that mode takes you directly to whichever sub-mode you last used (e.g.
symbol, Greek, Russian, etc.).  To get the main menu in the minibuffer again
you need to press C-g.

> >   I even tried doing the symbol input in jvim+Wnn+kinput2, where
> > Shift-Esc is supposed to bring up symbol input mode.  That failed
> > too, suggesting perhaps a wider problem in (?) Wnn.
>
> Works with kterm+Wnn+kinput2 for me too.

  I don't know what was wrong earlier.  It worked fine for me too when
I tried it again just now.

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka