Re: tlug: PAP and CHAP

tlug note from Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
Alan B. Stone wrote:
Hi all,

> tlug note from "Alan B. Stone" <stoneab@example.com>
> When I try to connect to AT&T all I get is
>
> CONNECT 115200
>
> Then nothing happens.  I've tried doing the step by step PAP, but no
> use.  I've done it on a Windoze machine, and even on my wife's Mac, but
> I can't get it to connect with Linux.  I'm going nuts.

Is is possible to login using something like 'expect' as an
intermediary?

I remember having problems logging in to Asahi-net's D-lines because
the  connection was waiting for a carriage return before prompting for
the login name. It could be AT&T is waiting for a similar 'nudge'.

Also, what happens when you log-in manually using Seyon? You should be
able to capture the entire sequence this way. (At least, it worked for
me w/Asahi-net.)

Hope this helps.

Jim S.