Re: tlug: XEmacs 20.0 XIM? not! [was: XEmacs 20.0 Wnn Input]

tlug note from Steve Dunham <dunham@example.com>
"Andrew S. Howell" <andy@example.com> writes:

>     Steve> You can shut it off in the options menu (I do) or you can
>     Steve> add

>     Steve> (if (featurep 'toolbar) add-spec-list-to-specifier
>     Steve> default-toolbar-visible-p '((global (nil))))

> Thanks. Goodbye menubar.

> I had one problem getting is it compile. I got an error:

> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/export3/apps/src/XEmacs/xemacs-20.2/src/../lisp/prim/featurep.elc',
> needed by `../lib-src/DOC'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/export3/apps/src/XEmacs/xemacs-20.2/src'
> make: *** [src] Error 2

> Cd to the src dir and doing:

> 	make dump-elcs

Ahh, I had the same problem, but I was too lazy to figure it out, so I
just downloaded the elc tar file.  (Being a bona fide beta tester, I
really should report this...)

Status on XIM:

I asked on the xemacs mailing list.  The guy who did the XIM support
says the the Motif version works on Slowaris.  I will test this on
Linux tomorrow, and try to narrow down the problem.

Steve
dunham@example.com