tlug: XEmacs arrgh - still core dumping with kinput2

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
As mentioned in my previous message, I built liblocale, set up XEmacs
to use that locale function, ran kinput2 in XIM mode, and started
XEmacs.  Still core dumps immediately on key input.  Sorry, Craig;
maybe Steve D. will have better luck (see below).

Does anybody know if locales are being properly implemented in more
recent libc releases?  Seems that libc is up to 5.4.x now, but I
haven't been following the newsgroups or anything :-(.

I just took another look at the Netscape localization page, and it
looks like my problem could be an old version of X11R6 (XFree86
3.1.2.0).  That is known to make trouble for Netscape localization,
maybe it's the problem here.  Maybe I'll just go do the full install
of a current Debian I've been promising myself to get everything
upgraded, and then install the most recent XFree86.

Anyway, that's something for those of you who are trying to get
Japanese in XEmacs to look at; I'd like to hear from anybody with
XFree86 3.2 or better (if it exists) installed to see if that gets
XEmacs running with XIM.

Steve T.

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi