Re: tlug: ISDN routers

tlug note from "Stephen P. Casmar" <scasmar@example.com>
I was looking into the same thing. I found the following:

A Livingston ISDN router which would sit on your
LAN and make the ISDN connection for you. It's a fairly simple
solution and you can even buy Firewall version for greater security.
Or a full blown Cisco 2501 router but that might be overkill.

Steve

At 10:59 AM 5/16/97 +0900, you wrote:
>tlug note from Jim Tittsler <jwt@example.com>
>On Thu, May 15, 1997 at 11:26:06PM +0900, Andrew S. Howell wrote:
>>
>> I looking for a stand-alone ISDN router. I wondered if anyone had any
>
>The "Mucho" router from Furukawa seems to be the cheapest of the current
>lot.  Platform was selling it last weekend for between 50,000 and 60,000.
>http://www.furukawa.co.jp/network/
>
>Anyone had any experience with these?
>
>What I'd really like to do is to use a Linux box as a router using
>one of the internal ISDN TAs.  Unfortunately, I've not found any
>that have existing Linux support and I don't have the technical
>information to do it myself (although I've recently approached one
>company).
>
>Jim
>Public-Access Internet System.  Now offering 20,000 yen/year flat
>rate Internet access with no time charges.  Full line of corporate
>Internet and intranet products are available.   info@example.com
>Tel: 03-3351-5977   Fax: 03-3353-6096

Reply to: Stephen and Polly Casmar
E-Mail: casmar@example.com