tlug: Netscape 4.0 not for me

tlug note from Dennis McMurchy <denismcm@example.com>
  Hi all,

  I finally got Netscape Communicator 4.0b3 'out of the box' so to speak
and had a look at it.  I am deeply unimpressed.

  I've only had a quick look, but unless I'm missing something, there's
no 'Netscape Download' window when you're downloading.  Can this be?
You have no way to tell how the download is going or whether it is
finished other than to look at the directory the file is going to.  That
was certainly the case with the only download I've done with it.

  Although 4.0 tells you that you can alter the Cache settings in an
Edit - Preferences  dialogue box, there's nothing there to do with the
cache.

  There's still no sound with Java, and although all the java demos seem
to work (even without the library preloading kludge that is necessary with
3.0), 4.0 locked up on me when I looked at
		www.rosebud.com/rb/art/mona/nixon.html
which has never given me problems (or sound) before.

  From what I've seen so far, I'm not encouraged to explore the 'features'
of Communicator 4.0 any further.  Anyone like to tell me why I should?

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka