tlug: JDK 1.1.1 available

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
Hi,
Linux JDK 1.1.1 is available at the sites listed at the
bottom of this note.  I'll probably download it tomorrow.
JDK 1.1.1 has better internationalization and is needed to
run two of the Java interfaces to EDICT/kanjidic that I
have listed on my web page.  JDK 1.1.1 is also required to
run the Japanese Hot Java browser.  I want to try this after
I do the install.  Tell me how it goes if you
do the install.  I've been wanting to use Hot Java as an
alternative to Netscape since I can't get sound Java applet
support to work under Netscape.  This is becoming more important
with the proliferation of push technologies, some of which
can be used to provide streaming video and sound without
plugins.

I'm also keen on how JDK 1.1.1 supports Japanese and want to
play with the Java interfaces to EDICT since I want to
write some trivial quiz game on linux-nihongo computing
in Java.

Regards,
Craig

  JDK 1.1.1 ftp sites

North America

   1.ftp://ftp.webconn.com/pub/java/blackdown/
   2.ftp://frodo.tucc.uab.edu/pub/java-linux/
   3.ftp://ftp.infomagic.com/pub/mirrors/linux/Java/
   4.ftp://wauug.erols.com/pub/java/
   5.ftp://ftp.connectnet.com/pub/java/
   6.ftp://ftp.ce.usu.edu/pub/mirror/linux/JDK/