Re: tlug: Japanese e-mail

tlug note from Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
Hi all,

On 10-May-97 Andrew S. Howell wrote:
>There is something to be said for being able to use unix utils
>directly on your mail files. Though having said that, the most
>common thing to do is search, and it sounds like Glimpse may
>do the trick for that. I'm just about to compile it up now.

I forget who started the glimpse thread but it proved to be a
real time saver. I am curious, however, about the glimpseindex
function and whether people make this a cron job or just do it
each time they think they need to.

BTW, the June Linux Journal is really good. As a teacher, the At
 the Forge column has been really interesting. If you're doing
any ESL teaching and using the Internet in your classroom,
please feel free to use the CGI multiple choice quizzes I've
been making for some of my classes (of course, developed on
Linux!) I've just started a new section for TOEFL preparation.

http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/esl.htm

Later,

Jim S.

Sent by: Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>