Re: tlug: Japanese Email in emacs

tlug note from Steve Dunham <dunham@example.com>
Craig Oda <craig@example.com> writes:

> found that many of the members there use Mew.  I would make the
> switch, but I've gotten comfortable with the IMAP capability
> of pine.  However, I would like to use something within mule.

I really like IMAP back when I didn't have a direct connection.  Gnus
is supposed to have IMAP support real soon (if it doesn already).

> I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I switched from trans-trans.el to
> edict.el as my main interface to Edict/kanjidic within mule.  The speed
> of the lisp file within mule makes me want to try skk as the input
> method.   I was reading Linux ÆþÌç by Toppan publishers and it said
                              ^^^^^^^^
Your message header says:
it should be Content-Type:
  "TEXT/PLAIN; charset=ISO-2022-JP"
otherwise, a proper MIME mailreader (like Gnus/tm) will render it as
ISO-latin1.

> that SKK was an Japanese input environment written in Emacs Lisp

I use the EGG input environment on XEmacs 20.  It is written in elisp
and talks directly to jserver. (You have to link XEmacs with libwnn.a
when you build it.)

Steve
dunham@example.com