RE: tlug: [Q] Japanese HTML to PostScript ?

tlug note from Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
Hi all,

On 06-May-97 Craig Oda wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm trying to use a Linux or UNIX based program to automatically
>convert Japanese HTML into PostScript for printing purposes.
>I know that there are a number of English programs to do this,
>however, I was wondering what worked with Japanese.

If you're not trying to print the graphics, wouldn't it be easier
to just strip the HTML tags out first then print it as a text
file? I use a utility off Sunsite called unhtml which seems to
work okay with Japanese web pages.

If you want to print the the graphics as well, why not try to
get Netscape to print it for you? I've never been successful at
getting Netscape to print anything other than garbage under
Linux, but there must be a way (it works in windoze, doesn't it?)

Regards,

Jim S.

Sent by: Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
On: 06-May-97 at: 21:21:42 JST
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
Don't hit me!!  I'm in the Twilight Zone!!!