tlug: NFS + AMD + SPARC = :(

tlug note from "Andrew S. Howell" <andy@example.com>

Hello,

	I'm trying without much success to get the automounter AMD to
automount directories from my 486 linux box to the sparc. The mounting
works ok, I can navigate though automounted directories, but as soon
as I try to edit anthing, it hangs. If I manually mount the same
directory, its fine. Once I saw a message say "NFS server chibi not
responding", but then I was able to mount stuff manualy...

I thought at first that it might be because I have the automounter
maps under NIS, but this does not seem to be the case. I was hoping
that I could find a version of nfswatch for Linux, so I could see
whats going on. No luck.

Normaly the automounter saves a lot of time messing around with fstab
etc. By now, I could have written my fstab 1000 times over, and still
had time to actually do something! Oh well, I guess its fun anyway. :)

Andy